Saturday, February 4, 2012

Into the void!

Blogging has always seemed to be something of a vanity exercise to me, but I've come around to thinking, gee, if you have something to say that might be an encouragement to someone, go for it.

It's also an opportunity for shameless self-promotion, something I'm genetically uncomfortable doing, but here we go anyway.

It's like this: I have a great day job as an associate editor for a large Christian newsjournal. I have a background in local church student ministry - been at that for a lot of years. I'm also a magician, the fruit of a hobby that long since got out of hand. And, to my everlasting amazement, I'm an author of a novel that, at this writing, seems to be doing well in the wonderful world of e-publishing.

It's this last statement that has moved me into blogging. "Reign of Silence" was published back in 2005 by Xulon Press, and did ... OK. It's remained dormant for some time.

Then, in December of 2011, I decided to publish it for Kindle. And I swear, in January, it sold close to 2500 copies, almost twice what it had done in the years before. It was an epiphany for me.

So, I want to promote it some more, because it's a pretty good read. I don't know how to categorize it - is there such a thing as Christian paranormal fiction? Because it's a ghost story, told from an orthodox Christian worldview.

It's out there for you if you'd like to take a peek.

And (drum roll!) I am HARD. AT. WORK. at another novel that has me stepping back in amazement, because it almost seems like it's writing itself. I don't want to talk about it too much, because I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but I feel passionately about it, and I can't wait to share it.

Thus endeth Tony's first blog. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment